||Observed a pan of cooked pasta, in a deep pan, that was cooked the night before at 55f and still in the cooling process, located in the walk-in cooler. Cooked potentially hazardous food shall be cooled:
(1) within 2 hours from 135f to 70f; p and
(2) within a total of 6 hours from 135f to 41f or less. P
to correct discard the noted food and discontinue cooling food in large deep pans. Corrected: person in charge discarded the noted food and stated that they would cool the food in shallow containers
||Observed the following:
1. A pan of cooked pasta, in a deep pan, that was cooked the night before at 55f and still in the cooling process, located in the walk-in cooler. 2. Cut tomato and pasta that were just prepped at 70f, cooling in the top-loading part of the reach-in cooler located on the cook line. 3. Pasta that was just prepped at 70f in a tightly sealed container, located in the walk-in cooler. Cooling shall be accomplished in accordance with the time and temperature by using one or more of the following methods based on the type of food being cooled:
(1) placing the food in shallow pans; pf
(2) separating the food into smaller or thinner portions; pf
(3) using rapid cooling equipment ; pf
(4) stirring the food in a container placed in an ice water bath; pf
(5) using containers that facilitate heat transfer; pf
(6) adding ice as an ingredient; pf or
(7) other effective methods. Pf
1. Discard the noted food and start cooling the noted food with one of the above, approved methods. 2. Move the noted food to the walk-in cooler to rapidly cool them to 41f or below and discontinue cooling food in the top-loading section of the reach-in cooler and start cooling the noted food in the reach-in or walk-in cooler. 3. Remove lids and plastic wrap and cool food in containers that are not tightly sealed. Corrected:
1. Person in charge discarded the noted food and stated that the food would be cooled with an ice bath and would leave it loosely covered in shallow pans to allow the cold air to penetrate the noted food. 2,3. Person in charge moved the noted food to the walk-in cooler to rapidly cool it down to 41f or below and stated that they would discontinue cooling food in the top-loading section of the reach-in cooler and leave all food loosly covered until it has been properly cooled to 41f or below.
||Observed multiple cutting boards throughout the facility to be heavily stained and grooved. Surfaces such as cutting blocks and boards that are subject to scratching and scoring shall be resurfaced if they can no longer be effectively cleaned and sanitized, or discarded if they are not capable of being resurfaced. To correct resurface or replace the noted cutting boards.