211 E. Washington
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(Critical) Observed improper cooling method in process for new batch of macaroni and cheese sauce made today. Cooked potentially hazardous food shall cool from 135°F to 70°F within 2 hours and 135°F to 41°F within a total of 6 hours using one or more of the following methods listed. Corrected at time of inspection by splitting large uncovered pan of macaroni and cheese sauce into two shallow metal uncovered pans. Sauce found at 115°F in wic with approximately five to six inches of food; was prepared less than one hour prior to finding. Because macaroni and cheese is so thick please begin placing into enough shallow metal pans so no more than two inches of sauce in each pan. Please use your thermometer to measure temperature of food through the cooling process to assure proper time and temperature parameters as noted above are achieved. Per manager blast chiller recently broke; waiting for a part. Typically use blast chiller for thicker food items
(Critical) Macaroni and cheese sauce found at improper temperature in upstairs walk-in-cooler having cooled improperly from the previous day. Cooked potentially hazardous food shall cool within 2 hours from 135°F to 70°F and within a total of 6 hours from 135°F to 41°F. Corrected at time of inspection by discarding large pan of macaroni and cheese sauce found at 47°F - 48°F made yesterday. All other food items in the wic found at 38°F
These areas in need of cleaning: underside of shelf above prep unit on far right side of cook line, floor/wall juncture under chef prep table and floor/wall juncture at downstairs bar. Please clean now and as often as necessary to maintain in clean condition
Some refrigeration door gaskets in poor repair. Please replace to provide good seal and so smooth and easily cleanable
(1) some floor tile grout missing in some areas rear kitchen, especially on cook line. Please regrout to eliminate any standing water between floor tiles and to provide a smooth, easily cleanable surface in these areas. (2) some floor tiles missing near trench drain in basement brewery. Please replace to provide smooth, easily cleanable surface
Inadequate light available at chef's prep table with slicer. Please provide adequate light with a permanently mounted light fixture in this area
(1) no paper towel dispenser at upstairs bar handwash sink. Please provide a paper towel dispenser near handwash sink at bar. (2) caulk missing or in poor repair behind food prep sink rear kitchen. Please remove old caulk and recaulk to provide smooth, easily cleanable surface
Observed some gaps at brewers alley door. Please seal off any gaps with door sweep or weather stripping to eliminate potential of pest entry
(Critical) Potentially hazardous food not maintaining at proper temperature in top and bottom sections of true 2 door prep cooler on cook line. Potentially hazardous food shall maintain at 41°F or below or 135°F or above. Temporarily corrected at time of inspection by discarding all potentially hazardous food stored in this unit. Several of the phf items kept in the unit overnight. A few food items were recently relocated from the wic that were still maintaining at proper temperature; these food items relocated to another unit on cook line maintaining at 41°F or below. At time of inspection set up a temporary ice bath to maintain some phf on top of unit at proper temperature, 41°F or below for lunch and dinner serve periods until repairs can be made. This unit is ordered out of service for the storage of potentially hazardous food until it is repaired and capable of maintaining food at 41°F or below. The ice bath may be used temporarily if ice level is above food level and all parts of the food maintain at proper temperature, 41°F or below. Food temperatures need to be taken several times throughout the day with an accurate food thermometer in all refrigeration units to assure you are serving safe food. ,
(Critical) Can opener blade not being cleaned and sanitized at required frequency. Please clean throughout the day a minimum every 4 hours if used to open potentially hazardous food items and every 24 hour hours if used to open only non-potentially hazardous food items. Corrected at time of inspection by properly cleaning and sanitizing can opener blade
Paper towel dispenser downstairs bar not attached to wall properly. Please reattach or install a paper towel dispenser that will function properly in this space
(1) true 2 door prep unit on cook line not maintaining food at proper temperature. Refrigeration shall be capable of maintaining food at 41°F or below at all times. (2) refrigeration door gaskets split on some units. Please replace to provde good seal and so smooth and easily cleanable
Observed mop stored improperly in upstairs mop closet. Pleaese hang to dry between uses
These areas in need of cleaning: some bar mats at upstairs bar, floors under ice bin upstairs bar, yellow cover to brewery vent on floor upstairs bar and floors under side waitress station. Please clean now and as often as necessary to maintain in clean condition
Observed single-service cups to dispense some food items in bulk food containers. Please provide durable, smooth, easily clenable scoops or spoons to dispense food
Base coving in poor repair in some areas. Please reattach to wall or reinstall if missing to provide good seal between floor and wall
Observed some clean dishes stored wet on clean dish storage rack. Please allow clean dishes to drain/air dry prior to stacking
(1) cold water not functioning at 3-compartment sink. Please repair and maintain in good repair. Per pic in process of repairing. (2) observed leak at fitting at faucet at 3-compartment sink. Please repair and maintain in good repair. (3) hot water knob difficult to operate at handwash sink in prep kitchen. Please repair and maintain so easy to operate. (4) upstairs mop sink leaking. In process of being repaired.
(Critical) Handwash sink not accessible for handwashing in brewery and at dishwash area handwash sink. Handwash sinks shall be accessible for handwashing at all times. Corrected at time of inspection by removing measuring cup and measuring device from handwash sink in brewery and removing knives from handwash sink in dishwash area.
(Critical) Cooked onions and mushrooms on top of flat top grill at improper temperature. Potentially hazardous food shall be maintained at 41°F or below or 135°F or above. Corrected at time of inspection by reheating cooked onions and mushrooms found at 109°F and 113°F respectively in saute pan to >165°F; set up double boiler on top of grill to maintain onions and mushrooms at 135°F or above. Per employee were recently cooked off
No covered waste receptacle in women's basement restroom closest to mash bar. Please provide covered waste receptacle for proper disposal of sanitary napkins
No paper towel dispenser at mash bar handwash sink and paper towel dispenser at upstairs bar not dispensing paper towels easily. Please provide paper towel dispensers that easily dispense the paper towels at both handwash sinks
Ice bin at mash bar found without cover and wrong size cover for ice bin at upstairs bar. Please provide properly sized ice bin covers to protect the ice from potential contamination
Base coving missing in several areas of brewery. Please replace base coving to provide good seal at the floor/wall juncture
Some single-service items stored improperly in various areas. Please invert or keep in original packaging to prevent potential contamination
Wrap the condensate line over the shelving unit in the upstairs walk-in-cooler to prevent potential contamination from condensation
No waste receptacle near handwash sink in brewery. Please provide waste receptacle for proper disposal of soiled paper towels.
These areas in need of cleaning: interior ice cream chest freezer, underside of pop dispenser housing at waitress station, floors under waitress station, pop gun holders at mash bar, floors at upstairs bar and speed racks at upstairs bar. Please clean now and as often as necessary to maintain in clean condition.
(1) hot water control knob at handwash sink closest to prep area not functioning properly. Please repair. (2) cold water control knob at slop sink at mash bar near large ice bin difficult to shut off. Please repair. (3) water at base of small hot water heater in basement. Please repair/replace to eliminate any standing water in this area. (4) remove spray nozzles in brewery when not in use on hose bibbs with atmospheric vacuum breakers or install vented t-valves