19980 Pleasant Lake Rd
Manchester, MI 48158
This incident (41894) does not have any more information on it
(Critical) Found a bottle of scented chlorine bleach being used for sanitizing. The use of scented bleach is not approved for food service. Corrected - scented bleach was removed from the kitchen and taken home with staff at the time of this inspection
Found the floor sink under the small 3 comp sink across from the stove to be in need of cleaning as there is build-up food debris in the basin and when the cupboard was opened, an odor emanated from the floor sink. To correct - clean floor sink now and keep on a more frequent cleaning schedule
This incident (26981) does not have any more information on it
This incident (41896) does not have any more information on it
Found the popcorn popper housing to have an accumulation of popcorn debris. To correct - clean now and keep on a more frequent cleaning schedule
Found a burnt out bulb in the left reach-in cooler. To correct - replace bulb asap to provide required light level inside the unit
Found single service (plastic) spoons stored with handles in different directions - bulk style in a container. All single service untensils must be stored with handles facing one way so as not to contaminate utensils by touching food surface. To correct - group spoons together with handles going the same way and bundle together for ease of storage.
Found used aluminum chafing pans stored in a cabinet. These items cannot be re-used for food. These items cannot be properly cleaned and sanitized due to the folds and crimps in the aluminum. These items can be used for ice baths. To correct - discard aluminum pans after food use
(Critical) I observed raw fish water leaking from aluminum pans onto counters that were above utensil storage cabinets, creating a cross contamination potential. Raw product is not to be thawed out of coolers. Corrected by getting fish into cooler and washing and sanitizing all counters and sinks where fish were stored.
I observed unsafe thawing practices of ~ 20 pans of raw fish. The fish were put into aluminum pans and spread out on all the counters in the church kitchen to thaw at room temperature. Most of the fish was still below 41*f, although some were getting to around 45* to 47*f on the outsides. I spoke with the caterers (stockwells) about proper thawing methods and all fish were then put into the churches 2 door upright cooler with no cross contamination issues. All counters and sinks were then washed, rinsed and sanitized. The stockwells are to call me before next lenton season to discuss food safety issues with the fish fry.
(Critical) I observed 2 opened cans of whipped cream with an open date of 8/18. Once opened, whipped creams are good for a maximim of 7 days. Post the 7 day use by date on the containers. Corrected by discarding.